Kampala

Kampala
orphanage visit

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2 Weeks in Nairobi, Kenya

I've been busy this last month. The business of the Sudan means often hanging around the staff room, teaching occasionally, and walking in and out of shops and merchant markets. Since making the decision to transfer into Kampala I’ve been excited to have a refreshing view on my ministry potential. I'm looking forward to being in the classroom and involved again in the lives of students.

The last two weeks I spent in Nairobi, Kenya. I enjoyed the pleasantness of the weather and the warm welcome of friends and AIM Staff people.
I arrived in Nairobi on Sunday and by Monday AIM had begun the leadership training conference in a beautiful local guest hostel. The same Catholic Sisters’ House that I stayed at in April of this past year. This was a wonderful week which included a lot of interaction with many in AIM leadership people. I am more and more impressed with the strong emphasis that our mission group places on relationships.

AIM continues to build strong, Christ centered churches throughout Africa. This is our theme and mission’s main goal; to build God’s kingdom using our specific gifts in our places of service. The week had a guest speaker named Mike Maples, a business and leadership trainer from California. He emphasized the strength of Nehemiah’s ability under the Lord to guide Israel into building what was previously thought impossible.

The week also allowed me to meet with Kampala personnel and help map out a chart for my transition into Kampala. My prayer request is still for housing; Heritage International will be able to take me as a Social Studies teacher, but finding available housing in urban Africa is a difficult task. I Appreciate this being brought before the Lord on my behalf.

The 2nd week in Kenya included a “personal leave week". I had days to take and I spent the time in Nairobi with my friends the Mutangilis, other Kenyan friends, AIM friends, and of course a real quality gym!!

No comments: