Kampala

Kampala
orphanage visit

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Leaving Torit

Though not a Christ-Like attitude, a selfish part of me wants to declare this last year a worldy failure….how wrong huh. And I admit it! I’ve missed the work, the teaching and the mentoring that never developed here in Torit. There is a time perhaps in all of our lives where we have twenty questions for the Lord and nineteen are completely unanswered and the twentieth still makes one shrug in lack of understanding. That’s been 2008 in Torit. Yet, it’s not my job to work the harvest into God’s hands…I’ve been called to plant and He will be entrusted with the fruitfull labor I cannot direct.

So the future schedule is a “closing” of the time here in the Sudan.
It seems the timing couldn’t be better for me to move into another
teaching situation at a school which needs leadership.

Also, two AIM women staff will be working in Torit soon and staying in the compound where I have been living. No other housing situation outside the
compound developed. Our unit leaders (Phil and Linda) have continued to faithfully build housing on the actual AIM compound so future missionaries will have housing within the gated area in Torit. Kyle, my short term partner, will also be leaving for the States (North Dakota) on the 17th of December. Missionary life is transition and this will be a second close friend that is saying goodbye. Thank you for your own prayers and faithfulness along this journey…for now blessings from a very, very hot and dusty Torit, Matthew

No comments: