Kampala

Kampala
orphanage visit

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nov. 10, 2007

Africa Inland Church (AIC)

I have had the chance to meet the regional AIC (Africa Inland Church) leader, Sarafino. He was very accommodating and seemed to enjoy having me here. It's hard because AIM is so closely linked with the AIC that we always want the relationships to be positive.

Sarafino was NOT too excited about me working in the local Torit school district at all. I have been praying for this man, with five children and a heart for the Lord, for a vision for the church to spread in the Sudan but our

meeting didn't go well.

God has obviously provided. There is a Kenyan man named Job who has taken over and Sarafinio sounded very impressed and happy. So how does the Lord weigh the plans of people praying in different ways?

I have been praying for a position and chance in Torit- maybe being in an area that is more diverse and filled with various people.

I can guarantee you that this pastor was perhaps praying the exact opposite. How does the Lord balance us all and keep us straight? Perhaps it is our hearts' desire to conform to His ultimate Kingdom building purposes no matter how He most wants it. And then He works among us as His children. I do really like Torit. The diversity of the town, the opportunity to be with the people who are Muslim, unevangalized, and just plain without hope gives me an area to have the Lord pour out.

No comments: